The Meadows & Recreation Ground
The Meadows is Common land – divided by the Enclosure Act 1871 between Burghley Estates, the Freemen and the Town Council. The Town Council is responsible for the land from the Town Bridge to the first complete fence across the Meadows. The next two fields belong to the Freemen.
The footpath across the Meadows, known as Vence Walk, is owned and maintained by South Kesteven District Council. A claimed footpath and bridleway cross the Meadows.
The litter bins on this walk are owned and emptied daily by South Kesteven District Council. All other litter bins, picnic tables, seats, trees etc. belong to the Town Council.
The maintenance of the Meadows is the responsibility of the Town Council who employ a contractor to mow the grass from April to October inclusive.
All other maintenance and collection of litter on this and the allotments is carried out by the Cemetery Staff.
In 1975 the Millstream was demained. This effectively means that the cleaning of it is the responsibility of the land owners on either side. The water authority has no responsibility for the Millstream, only the River Welland.
The Recreation Ground
Stamford Town Council acquired the Recreation Ground, situated close to the Northfields Conservation Area in 2010. Created in 1871, from what was originally open fields outside the town walls. The Recreation Ground has a bandstand, tennis courts and a skatepark.
2014 Agreement and Licence for Meadows and Recreation Ground
2014 Policy for Meadows and Recreation Ground
Tendering for ground maintenance services.
Please download the following link to read our information on tendering for ground maintenance services to our amenities:
Tendering Work Information
Application Letter and Request form for events on the Meadows & Recreational Ground
Policy for use of the Meadows and Recreation Ground for events