Stamford Meadows

The Meadows is Common land – divided by the Enclosure Act 1871 between Burghley Estates, the Freemen and the Town Council. The Town Council is responsible for the land from the Town Bridge to the first complete fence across the Meadows. The next two fields belong to the Freemen.

The footpath across the Meadows, known as Vence Walk, is owned and maintained by South Kesteven District Council and is a claimed footpath and bridleway. The litter bins on this walk are owned and emptied daily by South Kesteven District Council. All other litter bins, picnic tables, seats and trees belong to the Town Council. The maintenance of the Meadows is the responsibility of the Town Council who employ a contractor to mow the grass from April to October inclusive. All other maintenance and collection of litter on this, the Town allotments and cemetery is carried out by the Town Council's Amenities Staff.

In 1975 the Millstream was demained. This effectively means that the cleaning of it is the responsibility of the land owners on either side. The water authority has no responsibility for the Millstream, only the River Welland.

Please check the Recreation Ground page for tendering and events.